Here To Serve You, Your Family, & Your Pets
Dr. Teresa Willis, DVM
- Bachelors Degree In Animal Science: Clemson University, 1985
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Tuskegee University School of Veterinary Medicine 1989.
- Following graduation, Dr. Willis practiced for 6 years in the Gainesville and Atlanta, Georgia area. Dr. Willis then met her husband, Joey, an Abbeville native, and moved back to South Carolina. She has been working in Greenwood since 1996 and opened Emerald City Animal Hospital in June 2002. Dr. Willis and her husband have two children, Jonathan and Rachel. To complete their family they have one dog, Buddy. When not at work, Dr. Willis enjoys spending time with her family and is very involved with the children's numerous activities. She enjoys traveling and many family activities such as camping, boating, and swimming.
Dr. Atticus Mabry, DVM
- Bachelors Degree In Animal Science: Clemson University, 2011
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Georgia, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2015
- Dr. Atticus Mabry is a native of South Carolina, and grew up in the Upstate. His family runs a beef cattle farm just outside of Greenwood. They produce their own hay, and manage the entire operation through cooperation with other local beef cattle farms including the Burdette's and Dyal's. His wife, Kristen, is currently attending the UGA College of Veterinary Medicine. They enjoy hiking with their three Golden Retrievers, Allie, Lexi and Finch. They spend a lot of their summer weekends with their pets and friends at Lake Jocassee and Keowee, and the family farm.
The team is an integral part of our hospital. They allow us to provide the best service possible at all times. All of our registered technicians complete many hours of continuing education every year to stay up to date on the best quality medicine. They also participate in lunch-n-learn activities with the doctors on a regular basis. These activities are one reason we are closed from 12 until 2 pm on Fridays.
Laura Gayle, CVT
Laura is a certified veterinary technician with 26 years experience. She joined Emerald City Animal Hospital in 2005. Laura graduated in 1993 from the Veterinary Technician program in Houston, Texas. She is also a certified wildlife technician with a special interest in squirrels. Laura and her husband Jimmy live on an 100 acre farm in Chappells, SC. They have two beautiful children, Kim and Jamie. Her home is filled with 5 rescued dogs: Fetcher, Sandy, Kewpie, & Zoe. Laura loves spending time with her family. She also enjoys going to concerts, riding four wheelers, and crafting.
Rhona Brettin, VT
Rhona comes to us from Dallas/Fort Worth, TX. She has been in the veterinary field since 2006. She lives in Clinton with her husband, Will and daughter, Olivia. She shares her home with 5 dogs and 2 cats.
She enjoys spending time at home with her family.
Brandy started at ECAH in 2017. She has been working in the veterinary field since 2009. Her love and passion for animals make up who she is today. She enjoys spending time with her husband, Chris, friends and family, dirt track racing,fishing, camping, and going on cruises. She also has several feline friends that she shares a home with.
Cindy Pettus, LVT
Cindy, a licensed veterinary technician, became a member of the Emerald City Animal Hospital team in 2009, after graduating from the Veterinary Technology Program at Piedmont Technical College. She lives in Greenwood with her two children, Seth and Olivia. She shares her home with Luke, a precious orange tom cat and Oliver, a rescued maltipoo puppy. She has a special fondness for boxers.
Tina Reynolds, OFFICE MANAGER
Tina joined Emerald City Animal Hospital in August 2005. She brought with her 25 years of customer service experience, and over 14 years in the animal care field. Tina is involved with schnauzer rescue and does some wildlife rescue as well. Tina has lived in Greenwood most of her life. She lives in Greenwood with her husband, Roger and daughter Brooke. They complete their family with 4 dogs. Tina has a passion for caring for babies that may have been rejected by their mother.
Daniel Stutzman, LVT
Daniel joined the ECAH family in 2017 as one of our Licensed Veterinary Technicians. He graduated from Stautzenberger College in 2003. He worked at a small animal practice in Michigan for 9 years before being approached to enhance his career as a technician by teaching full time at Stautzenberger in the Veterinary Technology Program. Daniel grew up on his family’s farm always loving animals and was very involved in 4-H and FFA raising and showing horses, rabbits, and sheep. He and his partner moved to Greenwood in 2015. Daniel enjoys showing and actively breeding champion Italian Greyhounds and Tibetan Mastiffs, landscaping, and running.
Jordan Kay-GRAHAM, LVT
Jordan started ECAH in 2011 as an extern. She then joined the team in 2012 as a licensed veterinary technician, after graduating from the Veterinary Technology Program at Piedmont Technical College. She lives in Donalds with her husband, Matthew, daughter Audrey and son, Ayden. They share their home with Alexius, Mowgli, and Bosley. They also have three cats Key-Key, Kibbles, and Salem (all which her daughter rescued and named).
Lisa Dornberg, RECEPTIONiST/CLIENT COMMUNICATIONS
Lisa graduated from Abbeville High in 2011. She has worked in the veterinary field since graduation. She has a great love for animals. She lives with her fiance, Ronnie, and their two daughters, Anneliese and Cera. She has a shih tzu named Boomer and a cat, Sadie. She enjoys spending time with her family and getting in the car to visit new places she has never been.
Emma came to Emerald City Animal Hospital as a feral kitten in August of 2002. She joined our family and has run the office ever since. Emma is a very loving and social cat that seems to know when a person or pet needs support. She runs into the exam rooms to visit the owners and cuddles with the patients recovering from surgery. She passed in 2017, and will be greatly missed by our staff and clients alike.
Finch (aka Fin)
Fin came to us as a puppy with Dr. Mabry. He rides up and down the road with his dad between Athens and Greenwood and loves to greet everyone. His favorite place in the clinic is anywhere there are people, and he loves sleeping under the front desk.
Dr. Willis’ Labrador/Golden Retriever mix loves to come to work and make his presence known. He loves to greet everyone and play with all his buddies in the clinic. When not working with his mom, Buddy loves to catch Frisbees, go boating, swimming and hiking with his family.
Frankie came into Emerald City Animal Hospital in October 2002 as a patient with a wound to his front paw from a lawn mower. He was adopted by Emerald City Animal Hospital at that time and has made the front desk his own. As you walk in, you may find him snuggled in his bed beside the fax machine or he may be sitting on the counter just waiting for the opportunity to greet you.
Titus came to us in July of 2017 from a long time client of Emerald City Animal Hospital. He has made himself at home in a very short period and spends his days tormenting Fin and Frankie. His favorite place in the clinic is any nook or cranny he can find to hide in and then pop out and grab you.